PTI PM Solutions
Dekati® ePNC™ for NPTI PN measurements
The Dekati® ePNC™ is an innovative particle counter sensor designed specifically for easy integration in Periodic Testing and Inspection (PTI) devices. This PN counter fills all requirements of the upcoming NPTI regulation for a particle number counter.
The Dekati® ePNC™ sensor fulfills the metrological requirements of Real Driving Emission (RDE) Regulation (EU) 2017/1154, and is thus fully in line with the upcoming requirements for PTI testing in Europe, including requirements set in the Netherlands. The Dekati® ePNC™’s unique design is the result of Dekati Ltd’s nearly 30 years of experience in developing instruments for fine particle measurements. The ePNC™ gives reliable data of particle number concentration and it has several integration options for implementation into customer specific systems. The sensor has a modular design with separate control and metrological units. The control unit takes care of the control systems and data communications, whereas the replaceable metrological unit contains the particle measurement systems. This design makes service and maintenance easy and cost effective.
The particle counting technology of the Dekati® ePNC™ sensor is based on diffusion charging, particle collection and electrical detection of the collected particles. Its unique, patent-pending low-pressure operation provides an electrical current signal that is directly proportional to the particle number (PN) concentration. Unlike some other number concentration sensors, the ePNC™ has a very robust stainless steel construction and it does not require any working liquids for operation. The response of the sensor stays stable even in long term measurements of high particle concentrations keeping the maintenance intervals of the system long and operation costs low.
For use as a complete PTI particle counter system, the Dekati® ePNC™ is combined with a dedicated sample conditioning system that is designed by Dekati experts to ensure consistent performance in accordance with applicable legislation. Due to its advanced technology and innovative design, the Dekati® ePNC™ sensor is future-proof and can be easily upgraded to comply with forthcoming stricter metrological requirements.
Features of the NPTI PN sensor
- Particle number sensor for regulatory PTI measurements
- Real-time particle number concentration measurement according to RDE Regulation (EU) 2017/1154
- Direct, transparent measurement of number concentration
- Calibration as per JRC 2018 recommendation EUR 29036 EN
- Innovative, modular design optimized for easy maintenance and low cost of ownership
- Separate units for particle detection and sensor control
- Replaceable pre-calibrated metrological unit reduces annual service down-time
- Accurate and repeatable performance confirmed during extensive lab and field testing
- Consistent operation in long term use
- Low power consumption, ideal for battery-powered devices
- Robust and durable construction for long-term use in workshop environments
- Simple integration into PTI measurement systems
- Easy to customize according specific integration requirements
- Dedicated sample conditioning modules available for complete PTI particle measurement systems
Dekati® ePNC™ brochure
Download more information on the ePNC™ sensor
Dekati® ePNC™ Broschüre auf Deutsch
Weitere informationen zum ePNC™ Sensor können Sie hier herunterladen